Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'd say Sunday is going to be a big win for the Celtics



''Well, they had their chance,''They had a big chance. Their fans were in it. They were thinking it was all over. I'm sure they were confident. We've been getting a lot of flak. Our shots are going to be dropping, We'll be running faster. I'd say Sunday is going to be a big win for the Celtics.''

-Larry Bird prior to game 7 against the Hawks in 1988

My guess is Leon Powe would have made this same prediction but is a little more reserved with the media. As long as Leon gets his minuets you can be sure Sunday will be a big win for the Celtics. I should also add that Doc Rivers was on the other end of that Larry Bird prediction. I don't know if that means anything. I just hope Doc, who has never won a game 7 brings his best stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!