Saturday, October 11, 2008

Leon Starts Where He Left Off


(AP Photo/Elise Amendola)



The preseason has started as we all know and Leon Powe has started where he has left off from last season. The first game against the Sixers Leon lead the Celtics with with 12 points and in the most recent game against the Cavaliers Leon scored 8 points including the game winning free throws with 13 seconds left. I assume this is a confidence booster to Leon knowing he can perform with some pressure on him.

Leon looks solid and I expect only an improvement from last season and more playing time. Glen Davis has not looked so great in the first two games and hasn't had the production Leon has during his time on the floor. So I don't see Rivers giving Big Baby more minutes than Leon this year.

I like many other Celtics fans are impressed with Bill Walker and Patrick O'Bryant. Both these guys look like they can do a great job coming off the bench filling in for last years back ups, PJ Brown and James Posey. Everyone seems to be meshing really well and the young guys are looking very good.

I'm feeling optomistic about this Celtics team. Even more so than I was last year. I don't see age catching up to this team. But we shall see, it's a long season.

No comments: