Sunday, April 20, 2008

Celtics cruise in game one


(Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

The Boston Celtics took game one against the Atlanta Hawks, 104-81. It was an easy win as expected, and an enjoyable game to watch. It's been so long since the Celtics headed into a playoff game and you knew they were going to win. Everyone was able to just sit back and watch the C's do their thing, it was beautiful.

I'll give credit where it needs to be due. The MVP of this game was Rajon Rondo. Breaking Leon's 25 game MVP streak. One of the biggest question marks in this series was Rajon Rondo on Mike Bibby. Well Rondo played great and ate Bibby alive. Seeing Rajon play like that in his first playoff game was very comforting.

To the important stuff... Leon got his first look at playoff action and did pretty well. Leon scored 10 points, grabbed 4 rebounds, and had 2 blocks. Not bad coming off the bench in his first playoff game. Since it is the playoffs, we can't expect Leon to put up the usual numbers he puts up as a man coming off the bench. But what we can expect is an even more intense Leon, and that's what we saw. I'm sure most of you saw Leon throw down one of the most vicious dunks you will ever see. Leon's dunk on the whole Atlanta Hawks team not only put an exclamation point on the game, it put the fear into every Hawks player and their children. I mean seriously, when I saw that dunk I didn't even react. I just sat there in fear for the lives around Leon, I didn't want anyone to get hurt. I thought the building was coming down on the thousands of fans in Boston and I feared for them all. That was Leon's way of introducing himself to the playoffs. I love it, and I can't wait for more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the nastiest dunks I've ever seen. Leon dunked on shot blocker Josh Smith like it was nothing. I hope he keeps getting the playing time he deserves throughout the playoffs.

FLCeltsFan said...

I loved that dunk. It made #2 on NBA's top 10. Leon is proving he belongs. I loved KG's reaction to it. That dunk got KG fired up!!!

Anonymous said...

flceltsfan,
I loved KG's reaction also. I think he enjoyed that dunk more than anyone. It is nice to see that Leon is showing he is a legit 6th man. I think a lot of teams are going to want him. I just hope the Celts are smart enough to lock him up for the next few years.

Anonymous said...

Dunk of the year! That got me so fired up! Leon is an animal and the Hawks or anyone else can't stop him.